Public Works

Sewage Information


On-lot sewage permits must be applied for through the Township Sewage Enforcement Officer, Marvin Stoner.  Mr. Stoner handles all on-lot sewage information and may be reached by calling 1-800-243-4374 between the hours of 8:00 AM and 11:00 AM, Monday through Friday.


Public Sewer, depending on what area of the Township you reside, would be serviced from either Clay Township or the Borough of Ephrata.


-          Clay Township sewer is billed annually at the beginning of each new year.  For information call the Township Office at 717-733-9675 or


-          Ephrata Borough all questions should be directed to the Borough at 717-733-1277


-          Public Water, some areas of the Township are covered by public water serviced by the Borough of Ephrata.  Questions should be directed to the Borough at 717-733-1277.