Residential Fences and Walls
Residential Fences and Walls:
- No fence or wall in excess of four feet (48”) in height shall be permitted in any front yard
- Only decorative fences shall be permitted within the front yard
- No fence or wall in excess of five feet (60”) in height shall be permitted in any rear or side yard
- No fence shall be constructed/maintained that is solid. As used the term “solid” prohibits the erection/maintenance of a fence which does not have an open area to solid area ration of at least two to one.
- ALL fences shall be located a minimum of three (3) feet from all side and rear lot lines, unless applicant presents to the Township written verification from all adjoining property owners, permitting said fence to be closer to the lot lines
- No fence or wall shall be permitted within any easement on the property.
The applicant may request relief from the Board of Supervisors for a solid fence or height of fence if the said requirement imposes an unreasonable and unnecessary burden upon the property owner.
The applicant may request relief from the Board of Supervisors for installation of a fence in an easement if one is located on the property.
Decorative Fence – a fence surrounding a flower garden, rock garden, vegetable garden or similar facility that is no higher than eighteen (18”) or a rail type fence along one side of a property no higher than four (4’) or a corner post with rail fencing extending from the corner post no longer than fifteen (15”) in length.
Fence and Wall – permanent fence, wall, hedge and trees used as a hedge